Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm not dead, but the rabbit is!

So, what could have possibly happened when I was miserable with the flu, throwing up, feeling achy all over, basically dying, that could be classified as amazing?


Well, my friends, sit back and let me tell you a story.  On Sunday, I was feeling so poorly and couldn't stop vomiting and so I decided to go to the Urgent Care center to see if they could give me anything that would knock me out, put me out of my misery, etc. I also wanted to make sure that this was indeed the flu and not a precursor to my many intestinal issues.   The doctor was pretty sure that, yes, it was the flu, but perhaps they should do an x-ray just to make sure it wasn't anything worse.  I tell her that I think it is a great idea, but they better give me a pregnancy test first, since my husband and I have been trying to get preggo.  "I'm most likely not," I said, but we better be on the safe side.  So I do the peeing thing and wait in my room to be taken to get x-rayed.  

In walks the Doctor, who says "We won't be doing an x-ray after all, because the pregnancy test just came back positive."

I was in shock, trying to remember if positive meant I was positively pregnant, or maybe just that I was positively not pregnant.  But, within a moment, it all caught up to me and I started to cry (just a little).   I asked for Spencer to be brought in the room-- he was getting checked out too-- and said "guess what honey, we're pregnant!"

"How did that happen?"  was his reply.


It's still early, and a wiser more experienced Mom would wait to tell everyone, but I'm just too excited.  I went to my to my Obgyn oday and she confirmed that I am definitely pregnant.  She took a bunch of blood (15 tubes!), to do a few tests since I have had a blood clot in the past, and I am missing a bunch of my colon, but other than that, everything looks great.  I'll have my first official visit in two weeks, and I'll get my real due date then, but it will probably be at the beginning of Dec.

PS- it really was the flu, my morning sickness hasn't started yet.  

6 comments:

MM said...

I KNEW it! After your last post, I was hoping that was your good news! Congratulations! I HATE pregnancy, but the final outcome is good. I hope it treats you better than it has me!

Camille said...

I am SOOOO happy for you. You know that we're going to spoil you rotten!!

Trena said...

Holy Crap Tammy!! I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering when it was going to actually happen for you. That's the best news ever! You were inspired to go to that Urgent Care to get those results! I am sooooo happy for you and Spencer! You guys are going to be the coolest parents ever! I can't wait to tell Aaron!

Pixie said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If i knew enough to html to make this response HUGE I would! I'm so excited for you guys! :)

MrCoolguy80 said...

Oh my gosh, You're pregnant?!?

The Weav's said...

I know I already told you but I am telling you again, YEAHHHHHHHHH! Oh and Spencer is hillarious.